Get into the Best Music Education Program for you
Inside Music Schools doesn’t place teachers - we empower dreamers
Teaching music is a noble and fulfilling path. Music education is the soil and fertilizer for musical success, and music educators are the farmers. Passing on experience and insight to inspire the future of sound is the goal of any music educator, and we want to put you there.
Music Education is Everywhere
Professors and classroom teachers. Writers, composers, authors, researchers, and administrators. When it comes to career options, students with music education degrees have many pathways and should be at ease.
Music education is a part of every school district in some way, and there are always new students picking up instruments or wanting to learn other music-related skills. Community music programs as well are sprouting up all over the country, and music education majors are well-prepared, and uniquely situated to foster the power of music to change lives for the better forever.
We meet with each student one-on-one - over the phone, via Skype/Zoom, or in person - to explore their passions and offer industry insight. Access to practicing music educators, faculty, and simulated admissions interviewing strategies give future music teachers a more direct path to their career aspirations.
Inside Music Schools is a unique consultancy built upon over 40 years in the college admissions field and a passion for helping develop music educators who will change student’s lives. We assist applicants with the college/university admissions process guided by a keen understanding of their motivations for pursuing and teaching music.
Music Education is Everywhere
Professors and classroom teachers. Writers, researchers, and administrators. When it comes to career options, students with music education degrees have countless options.
- Public and Private Education: It’s a part of every school district, and there are always new students picking up instruments, singing, or wanting to learn other music-related skills.
- Community Music Programs: Community music programs are sprouting up all over the country, and well-equipped music education majors are best positioned to create their own.
- Publishing: Instructional books and videos help educators connect to students, other educators, and musicians in today’s global market.
With our comprehensive list of music education colleges and universities in hand, and the guidance of music education consultant Steve Lipman, students have a better chance of getting into the program that’s right for them.
Where have some of our students ended up?
- DUQUESNE UNIVERSITY
- SUNY at POTSDAM; FREDONIA; PURCHASE
- ITHACA COLLEGE
- BOSTON UNIVERSITY
- VANDERCOOK COLLEGE OF MUSIC
- INDIANA UNIVERSITY
- BERKLEE COLLEGE OF MUSIC/BOSTON CONSERVATORY
- CUNY QUEENS COLLEGE
- NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY
- SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY
The first step on any student’s musical journey is asking questions. After our first conversation, you’ll see the value in embarking on this often complicated process with the right guide on your side.
How Can IMS Help?Finding the right school for you
with a student-centered approach
to the music school admissions process
At the end of this process, we develop a comprehensive list of schools the student should consider applying to based on several factors:
- Interest - What age & grade level student does the future educator want to connect with?
- Skill Level - Our recommendations aim to be constructive environments where the applicant in question will thrive.
- Career Prospects - Many musicians will pursue music education degrees to help make their college degree more marketable. It’s why many practicing musicians are also successful teachers.
Three Plans to Get You There
- Two-Hour One-on-One Consultation
- Mock audition to prepare for the real thing
- A simulated Admissions Interview with constructive feed-back
- A written report on your potential for success, and recommendations on where to improve
Includes Silver Program plus:
- Exploration and assessment of secondary interests and hybrid degrees
- Arranged meetings with students, faculty, and alumni to understand what it’s like attending schools you’re interested in, and how you might fit in
- A private lesson on the student’s principal instrument
- A personalized list of recommended schools based on all assessments and criteria
Includes Gold Program plus:
- Unlimited, exclusive access to primary consultant Steve Lipman
- Unlimited essay and resume editing services
- Mock auditions, simulated admission interviews, and one-on-one interviews with students, alumni and industry professionals
- Portfolio or pre-screening video presentation development and optimization
- Review of all college applications including the Common App
- Guidance for applying for scholarship consideration
Why Did You Start?
Ask any musicians why they started playing, and there’s a good chance a music teacher will be the answer.
Music educators are those that empower children and adults with the knowledge to achieve their musical goals, and to discover new goals along the way. They achieve this through instruction on the history, theory, application, and technique of musical pursuit.