Get into the Best Music Therapy Program for You
Inside Music Schools gives you the competitive edge in your search for the optimal music therapy program
Studying Music Therapy
Music therapy degree programs are curriculums blending psychology, communication, and music classes and skills. Many students who pursue music therapy in college maintain a music-based concentration alongside their other studies, culminating in this uniquely “hybrid” degree.
Inside Music Schools: Explore, Inform, and Deliver
Students’ interests, career aspirations, and enrichment goals should inform their educational path. We meet each and every one of our students one-on-one, and build a profile to identify the “right fit” schools that best suit their needs.
Then, we develop a comprehensive program driven by industry insight, access to practicing therapists, and admissions interviewing strategies informed by over 40 years in the business of music education and college admissions.
Students who know how to illustrate their passion in music school applications are more likely to succeed and pursue those passions. Inside Music Schools puts your aspirations and artistry up-front in the search, choice, and selection of schools so you’ll love where you end up. Once those passions are explored and integrated into the student’s profile, we provide the plan of action - a personal and individualized roster of top music therapy programs for which the student is most likely to be accepted, and more importantly, succeed.
With our comprehensive list of accredited music therapy programs in hand, and the guidance of music education consultant Steve Lipman, our students have a much better chance of getting into the program that’s right for them.
Where have some of our students ended up?
- MONTCLAIR STATE UNIVERSITY
- UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA
- UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI
- BERKLEE COLLEGE OF MUSIC
- DUQUESNE UNIVERSITY
- TEMPLE UNIVERSITY
- WEST CHESTER UNIVERSITY
- SOUTHERN METHODIST UNIVERSITY
- NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY
- FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY
How Can IMS Help?
Finding the right school for you with a student-centered approach to the music school admissions process
At the end of this process, we develop a personalized comprehensive list of schools the student should consider applying to based on several factors:
- Placement Interests - There are many clinical and non-clinical environments where music therapists work.
- Personal Goals - A student’s demographic preference for their practice is informed often by local co-op and internship opportunities.
- Career Prospects - Some music therapy degrees go farther in the field than others. Our recommendations position the student on a path where they’ll succeed in an ever-expanding competitive job market.
Three Plans to Get You There
- Two-Hour One-on-One Consultation
- Mock audition to prepare for the real thing
- A simulated Admissions Interview with constructive feed-back
- A written report on your potential for success, and recommendations on where to improve
Includes Silver Program plus:
- Exploration and assessment of secondary interests and hybrid degrees
- Arranged meetings with students, faculty, and alumni to understand what it’s like attending schools you’re interested in, and how you might fit in
- A private lesson on the student’s principal instrument or voice
- A personalized list of recommended schools based on all assessments and criteria
Includes Gold Program plus:
- Unlimited, exclusive access to primary consultant Steve Lipman
- Unlimited essay and resume editing services
- Mock auditions, simulated admission interviews, and one-on-one interviews with students, alumni and industry professionals
- Portfolio or pre-screening video presentation development and optimization
- Review of all college applications including the Common App
- Guidance for applying for scholarship consideration