Get Into the Right Music Business Program for You
Be an Industry Leader with a degree from the best program for you - IMS will help get you there.
You’ve got the drive to change the music industry. Now, you need the right school - Inside Music Schools will help.
Some call it a necessary evil, but the world would never enjoy the full benefits of music without some kind of business behind it. This is where music business is born.
The right collegiate program prepares you for everything from finding and managing new artists and promotion to music streaming services and physical media distribution. The right college experience is one that suits your aspirations in the music industry and opens up new horizons for you.
We develop a comprehensive program of music business school exploration, insightful industry education, and admissions application and interview strategies informed by over 40 years in the music education business.
Inside Music Schools puts your aspirations and artistry up-front in the search, choice, and selection of schools so you’ll love where you end up. Our unique programs are built on deep experience and a thorough understanding of music school admissions and how admissions offices choose who to admit.
With this insight at your disposal, you can apply to our individually-catered list of top music business schools - chosen based on a student’s interests, career aspirations, and enrichment goals.
The Music Business Degree
Professionals in music business come from all types of educational backgrounds. Most often, a student who wants to follow this path obtains a degree in music business, marketing, or even entrepreneurship.
Music business degrees require courses of study exploring both the art of music and the copyright laws, economics, and growth strategies of business. The music business graduate could work for or start a record label with these skills, or go on to manage and promote the next big chart-topping pop star.
Whatever their chosen path, how to proceed with music business school admissions requires a clear understanding of the specific student’s desires, goals, and aspirations, as well as the specific focus of the various college and university programs. That’s where we come in:
With our comprehensive list of music business schools in hand, and the guidance of consultant Steve Lipman, students have an improved chance of getting into the program that’s right for them.
The choice of music business schools is only worth how well it fits the student in question. There is a right school for every student. Inside Music Schools can help get you there.
Where have some of our students ended up?
- BALDWIN WALLACE UNIVERSITY
- UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO-DENVER
- BERKLEE COLLEGE OF MUSIC
- UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI - FROST SCHOOL OF MUSIC
- DREXEL UNIVERSITY
- MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE UNIVERSITY
- NEW YORK UNIVERSITY
- BELMONT UNIVERSITY
- SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIF. - IOVINE/YOUNG ACADEMY
How Can IMS Help?Finding the right school for you
with a student-centered approach
to the music school admissions process
At the end of our individualized, one-on-one admissions preparatory program, you receive a comprehensive list of top music business programs based on several factors:
- Interest - What inspires you?
- Skill Level - Our recommendations aim to be constructive environments where students will thrive.
- Career Prospects - What does the student want to do with their music business degree? Some schools and their music scenes are hotbeds for new talent, and you want to be as close to the pulse as possible.
Three Plans to Get You There
- Two-Hour One-on-One Consultation
- Mock auditions to prepare for the real thing
- A simulated Admissions Interview with constructive feed-back
- A written report on your potential for success, and recommendations on where to improve
Includes Silver Program plus:
- Exploration and assessment of secondary interests and hybrid degrees
- Arranged meetings with students, faculty, and alumni to understand what it’s like attending schools you’re interested in, and how you might fit in
- A private lesson on the student’s principal instrument or voice
- A personalized list of recommended schools based on all assessments and criteria
Includes Gold Program plus:
- Unlimited, exclusive access to primary consultant Steve Lipman
- Unlimited essay and resume editing services
- Mock auditions, simulated admission interviews, and one-on-one interviews with students, alumni and industry professionals
- Portfolio or pre-screening video presentation development and optimization
- Review of all college applications including the Common App
- Guidance for applying for scholarship consideration
After our first conversation, you’ll see the value in embarking on this often complicated process with the right guide on your side.