Get into the Best Music Performance Program for You
Inside Music Schools helps get you there.
The music performance major is the heart and soul of any musical education. Students who pursue music performance programs take a single concentration and apply it to many facets of the music industry.
Many players ask themselves whether music performance is the right degree to find work. I’m happy to say the prospects are very promising.
Also, there are plenty of music performance scholarships available to prospective music students - read more here.
Musical performances are driven by its players, and the energy of the live music industry shows no signs of waning. Performance majors possess an ability to relay music experiences in real time that is valuable to many fields.
Performance majors can become touring musicians, studio musicians, instructors, and authors of their craft. They can teach while maintaining a rigorous gigging career, and publish writings that inspire current and future players of their instrument or genre.
Inside Music Schools’ in-depth exploratory admissions programs prepare students to apply confidently to the best programs that fit their needs. With one-on-one support, we determine what drives you. With mock auditions you prepare to inspire admissions staff and faculty. With interviews from faculty, alumni, and people in the industry, you’ll know where you’re going.
With our comprehensive list of optimal music performance schools in hand, and the guidance of consultant Steve Lipman, our students have a greatly increased chance of getting into the school that’s right for them.
This is What Our Students Are Saying
Where have some of our students ended up?
- NEW YORK UNIVERSITY
- UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI - FROST SCHOOL OF MUSIC
- BERKLEE COLLEGE OF MUSIC
- MANHATTAN SCHOOL OF MUSIC
- OBERLIN CONSERVATORY
- NEW ENGLAND CONSERVATORY
- PEABODY INSTITUTE
- MANY, many OTHERS
How Can IMS Help?
Finding the right school for you
A student-centered approach to the music school admissions process.
Through a rigorous exploration of the student’s interests, background, career goals, and personal aspirations, we develop a comprehensive preparatory program of mock auditions, portfolio development, and admissions interview strategies informed by over 40 years in the business.
At the end of our admissions preparatory program, you receive a personalized list of schools we recommend the student should consider applying to based on several factors:
- Interest - What inspires the student to play?
- Skill Level - Our recommendations aim to be constructive environments, ones that will support and nurture the student.
- Career Prospects - What does the student want to do with their performance major? Some schools are better for pop/ rock and jazz, while others have world-class classical and opera programs.
Three Plans to Get You There
- Two-Hour One-on-One Consultation
- Mock audition to prepare for the real thing
- A simulated Admissions Interview with constructive feed-back
- A written report on your potential for success, and recommendations on where to improve
Includes Silver Program plus:
- Exploration and assessment of secondary interests and hybrid degrees
- Arranged meetings with students, faculty, and alumni to understand what it’s like attending schools you’re interested in, and how you might fit in
- A private lesson on the student’s principal instrument and/or voice
- A personalized list of recommended schools based on all assessments and criteria
Includes Gold Program plus:
- Unlimited, exclusive access to primary consultant Steve Lipman
- Unlimited essay and resume editing services
- Mock auditions, simulated admission interviews, and one-on-one meetings with students, alumni, and industry professionals
- Portfolio or pre-screening video presentation development and optimization
- Review of all college applications including the Common App
- Guidance in applying for scholarship consideration