Get Into the Right Music Production Program For You
Be an Industry Leader with a degree from the best program for you - IMS will help get you there.
Equal parts musician, technician and dealmaker, audio recording engineers and producers are flocking to collegiate programs to boost their skills and marketability.
These professionals are the people who set up the mics, and design them too. They sit at the mixing board to manipulate raw performance into transcendent musical experiences. Sometimes, they are performers and composers themselves who wish to maintain creative control over all aspects of their work.
Engineers are inspired by acoustics - the properties of sound moving in a space. They combine this knowledge with a technical understanding of amplification and sound recording equipment and concepts to capture sounds at their highest fidelity, or in the most interesting way.
But you don’t just apply to the most valuable programs - they are competitive and highly-sought after the world over. That’s how IMS assists in getting you there - informed by over 40 years in music school admissions, IMS empowers you with portfolio development, mock admissions auditions, simulated admission interviews, faculty assessments, and more to make each and every application count.
Students who navigate the competitive and often daunting process of choosing and applying to music production programs have their work cut out for them. With IMS, you gain an increased chance for acceptance.
The best music production and engineering schools for any particular student is the right one for them - IMS puts you there.
With our personalized and comprehensive list of music production and engineering schools in hand, and the guidance of consultant Steve Lipman, students have a better chance of getting into the music production program that’s right for them.
Where have some of our students ended up?
- NEW YORK UNIVERSITY - Tisch/Steinhardt
- ELON UNIVERSITY
- BERKLEE COLLEGE OF MUSIC
- DREXEL UNIVERSITY
- INDIANA UNIVERSITY - JACOBS SCHOOL OF MUSIC
- MIDDLE TENNESSEE. STATE UNIVERSITY
- GEORGIA STATE UNIVERSITY
- BLACKBIRD ACADEMY
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS - LOWELL
- FULL SAIL UNIVERSITY
How Can IMS Help?
Finding the right school for youwith a student-centered approach to the music school admissions process
At the end of our work together, you walk away with a recommended list of schools to apply for based on several factors:
- Interest - What type of producer or engineer does the student want to be?
- Skill Level - Our recommendations establish what is a reach, target, and what are “safer” schools.
- Career Prospects - What does the student want to do with their music production or engineering degree? Bustling local and national music scenes, along with proximity to technology and recording facilities, are important factors when choosing music production and engineering schools and colleges.
Three Plans to Get You There
- Two-Hour One-on-One Consultation
- Mock audtion to prepare for the real thing
- A simulated Admissions Interview with constructive feed-back
- A written report on your potential for success, and recommendations on where to improve
Includes Silver Program plus:
- Exploration and assessment of secondary interests and hybrid degrees
- Arranged meetings with students, faculty, and alumni to understand what it’s like attending schools you’re interested in, and how you might fit in
- A private lesson on the student’s principal instrument
- A personalized list of recommended schools based on all assessments and criteria
Includes Gold Program plus:
- Unlimited, exclusive access to primary consultant Steve Lipman
- Unlimited essay and resume editing services
- Mock auditions, simulated admissions interviews, and one-on-one interviews with students, alumni and industry professionals
- Portfolio or pre-screening video presentation development and optimization
- Review of all college applications including the Common App
- Guidance for applying for scholarship consideration