BEcome AN INDUSTRY LEADER
he world would never enjoy the full benefits of music without some business behind it.
The right collegiate program prepares you for finding and managing new artists and promoting music streaming services and physical media distribution. The right college experience suits your aspirations in the music industry and opens up new horizons for you.
We develop a comprehensive school exploration program, insightful industry education, admissions application, and interview strategies–informed by decades of experience in music education.
Inside Music Schools puts your aspirations and artistry up-front in the search, choice, and selection of schools, so you’ll love where you end up. We build our unique programs on deep experience and a thorough understanding of music school admissions and how admissions offices choose who to admit.
With this insight at your disposal, you can apply to our individually-catered list of top music business schools—based on a student’s interests, career aspirations, and enrichment goals.
With the guidance of our consultants and their list of best-fit music performance schools in hand, IMS students have a greatly increased chance of getting into the school that is right for them.
The Music Business Degree
Professionals in the music business come from all types of educational backgrounds. A student who wants to follow this path most often obtains a degree in music business, marketing, or even entrepreneurship.
Music business degrees require courses of study exploring both the art of music and copyright laws, economics, and growth strategies. The music business graduate could work for or start a record label with these skills or go on to manage and promote the next big chart-topping pop star.
Whatever their chosen path, how to proceed with music business school admissions requires a clear understanding of the specific student’s desires, goals, and aspirations. It also requires a focus on specific college and university programs, and that’s where we come in.
The choice of music business schools is only worth how well it fits the student in question. There is a right school for every student, and inside Music Schools can help get you there.
WHAT OUR STUDENTS ARE SAYING
HOW CAN IMS HELP?
Finding the right school for you
At the end of our preparatory program, we develop a personalized list of schools the student should apply to based on several factors:
Interest - What aspects of this area of study inspire the student?
Skill Level - Our recommendations aim to be constructive environments where the student will thrive.
Career Prospects - What does the student wish to do with their music degree?
Here are just a few of the elite schools IMS students have been accepted to:
BERKLEE COLLEGE OF MUSIC
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY
UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI
MANHATTAN SCHOOL OF MUSIC
THE JUILLIARD SCHOOL
UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN
OBERLIN COLLEGE AND CONSERVATORY
NEW ENGLAND CONSERVATORY
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
CARNEGIE MELLON UNIVERSITY
CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF THE ARTS
TIERS OF SERVICE
Find out how you stack up
- Review fundamental aspects of the student's musical background and educational goals
- Mock audition on a primary instrument or assessment of a musical interest (songwriting, audio production, etc.)
- conducted by an experienced faculty member at a top conservatory or university with relevant expertise
- Music theory diagnostic exam
- Report on musical and educational status/potential
- with a final report on all activities, including recommendations for next steps
A personalized list of best-fit schools and more
Includes all items in the Silver tier plus the following:
- Personalized list of recommended schools that best fit the student’s educational and career aspirations
- with IMS worksheet for comparing schools
- Admissions interview preparation
- with simulated practice session
- Mock audition on a secondary instrument or assessment of musical interest (songwriting, audio production, etc.)
- Recommendations on summer study options
- Access to IMS exclusive network of top private teachers
One-on-one support until May 1 of the student's senior year
Includes all items in the Silver and Gold tiers plus:
- In-depth review of musical background and educational goals
- with written summary
- Ongoing, one-on-one consultation with IMS experts
- Assistance with prescreening performance videos and composition or production portfolios
- Review of college applications, essays (including Common App)
- unlimited help through the IMS essay-reading educational partner
- Help preparing resumes for professional review
- Zoom webinars for Platinum families
- plus access to library of past webinar recordings
- Guidance on talent/merit-based scholarships
- Repeat of mock auditions/assessments and simulated interviews to track student progress
- Tailored plan of action for all activities
- Ongoing advisement until May 1 of the year preceding entrance to college
Close supervision throughout the application/audition process
Includes all items in the Silver, Gold, and Platinum tiers plus:
- Twice monthly private Zoom sessions with an education-service specialist to help make sure the student is making progress on applications, auditions, and other important time-sensitive activities
- Free enrollment in 5-Day Stage Fright Solution online course
- A trial lesson with an experienced faculty member at a top conservatory or university with relevant expertise upon request